Monday, April 23, 2007

Virginia Tech Tragedy

Last Monday changed my life forever. Never in a million years could I have imagined something so terribly cruel could happen – let alone fifteen minutes away from me!

Someone I used to play basketball against in high school was killed. A few friends of my friends were killed. It is eerily awakening how many close ties people had with the horrific events and they may not even realize it.

Trying to cope with it all has been tough, especially with the final week of classes and exams peeking up. I’m not even at Virginia Tech and its stressful for me – I can’t even imagine the real Orange and Maroon feel.

One way to help out and relieve the stress was the development of www.rememberhokies.com . This is not the official memorial web site for the horrific events that occurred at Virginia Tech. This is however my way of providing a resource for those that has been apart of these incidents and as a way to remember those 33 students and faculty that were tragically killed.

To all of the Hokies - hold your heads up high and proud. Remember those that have unfortunately fallen. Yesterday, today, tomorrow, and forever in the future we shall all walk hand in hand as HOKIES.

No comments: