Thursday, August 9, 2007

ASP.NET .. Meet AJAX


At work I've been working with our developer to create a report for our agents to track some of their call/sales data.

This form is trick because of the amount of information that it will be obtaining. In some ways it is easy, but the flowchart itself provides a lot of forks in the road.

The form will be dynamic, with some of the fields populating from a database table. When agents answer specific items with "Yes", a window will appear with more options. Vice versa, if they answer "No" then another window will glide in. This will obviously be done with AJAX. I just hope the dataflow is an easy process. In all reality, this will be my biggest AJAX project since I started toying with it earlier this year.

At the moment I have designed 90% of the layout. From here it will be on to the table creation for the database, creating the javascript to work options in the form, and finally on to the ASP.NET controls for interacting with the database.

ASP.NET has been a smooth transition. I feel I am picking it up much faster than originally thought. I respect the technology now, it's no PHP in my eyes, but it definitely packs a violent punch that delivers results!
*In NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM was that a pun directed at the company I work for... haha*

No comments: